With all the systems operating within businesses, the volume of data being captured on a daily basis is growing at a massive rate. Recent analysis has identified that over 90% of data worldwide was created within the last 2 years and this rate is set to increase.
Being able to analyse this data in a timely and effective manner is one of the biggest challenges facing businesses. Many business have a range of systems or data capture mechanisms in place with little or no integration between them.
The most common scenarios for this are -
- Finance system with no direct integration into sales systems
- Excel spreadsheets used to capture a range of data (sales targets by employee, survey results by customer, sales pipeline, etc)
- Online ordering system (B2B or B2C eCommerce sites) with no integration into internal systems
- Separate CRM systems (either internal or online)
Trying to manually match data between all these systems is next to impossible, especially when trying to match on text-based data where spelling mistakes or variations on company names exist.
Even when you have an "integrated" set of data, being able to effectively analyse and report on this data can be a daunting task. One of the key challenges facing businesses who want a unified approach to reporting is that many departments have their own spreadsheet-based reports that they manually maintain and are reluctant to relinquish control over. It is also quite common to discover that different departments have different understandings of business terms - if you asked each of your departments to write down what they think Operating Profit is, chances are you would get a whole range of answers.
At JASSY, we have a wealth of experience in different industries with different technologies that enables us to help you determine the best approach to take with your Business Intelligence strategy. We can help you with any of the following steps in developing your strategy -
- Identifying all the disparate systems and data stores within your business
- Developing a solution to link data between these systems
- Consolidating data from the various systems into a central repository or datawarehouse
- Developing reports and metrics from this data that will enable your business to proactively adjust to your market
- Deliver relevant reports to your user base in a timely manner via self service or automated distribution
- Monitor and adjust targets as your business evolves